What is PORTABOOM®?PORTABOOM® is a patented, portable boom gate specifically designed for all temporary traffic control, Access Control and Event Management scenarios, replacing unsafe methods by removing the operator from the Road.
Easily moved and operatedPORTABOOM® can easily be moved and operated by specially trained traffic control personnel to provide a safe work environment for the general public, private vehicles, workers, plant and machinery.
Operated by remote controlIt is operated by remote control from a safe zone, removing Traffic Controllers from the direct line of traffic.
Superior in its safetyWhen compared with stop/slow methods and temporary traffic signals, PORTABOOM® is superior in its safety offering due to the physical barrier being in place to protect worksite.
PORTABOOM® can be used in approximately 80% of situations replacing traditional traffic control methods including:
Temporary traffic control
Local, residential street closures
Motorway & tunnel closures
Access control to worksites
Event Management and Security
Councils and Government
PORTABOOM® enhances safety by
PORTABOOM® is a patented design and is the world's first portable barrier gate solution.
Traffic and Access Solutions developed PORTABOOM® with a coordinated team of highly experienced experts in safety, traffic control, operations, engineering and electronics. Through the development and testing process initial prototypes were refined and PORTABOOM® now boasts the following features:
- Easy to operate - PORTABOOM® is operated by a single button, remote control eliminating any confusion and minimising traffic controller error.
- Stable, yet portable - A single device weighs 90kg with four solid wheels (rear wheels have brakes for added safety). The devices weight ensures that it is heavy enough for stability and to withstand adverse weather, yet light enough to easily manoeuvrer on wheels.
- Easy to set up, no tools required - Traffic controllers assemble PORTABOOM® onsite without the need for any tools. The boom gate and stability legs are attached and detached with ease.
- Fast Assembly - It takes only 5 minutes to set up a PORTABOOM® device. Traffic controllers wont be wasting valuable time at the start of shifts setting it up.
- Longevity of battery life - The rechargeable batteries provide up to 6,500 movements, up and down.
- Wind rating - Tests show that PORTABOOM® can withstand wind speeds of up to 82.8 km/h
Utilising PORTABOOM® can result in significant financial efficiencies
- One trained traffic controller can operate up to four PORTABOOM® devices providing financial cost savings.
- Trained traffic controllers provide more value to the client whilst ensuring better concentration and situational awareness.