Using PORTABOOM® provides a superior safety offering for workers, motorists & the public than current methods. With PORTABOOM®, risk is not just minimised, it's removed!
PORTABOOM® enhances safety by:
- Eliminating the risk of traffic controllers standing in the direct line of traffic, thereby eliminating the risk of vehicle collisions with traffic controllers.
- Providing a physical, highly visible barrier that protects the work zone ensuring motorists STOP.
- Reduces fatigue, unlike traditional Stop/Slow traffic control methods.
- Allowing traffic controllers to take more breaks as one traffic controller can operate up to four PORTBOOM® devices.
- Reducing the risk of heat exhaustion, dehydration and sunburn as traffic controllers can operate PORTABOOM® from shaded safe zones during warmer weather.
- Allowing greater onsite mobility. Rather than being confined to one spot, traffic controllers can assist pedestrians, workers and residents meanwhile the PORTABOOM® device provides a safe physical barrier. As traffic controllers are more mobile they can walk beside the line of traffic and communicate with drivers and reduce driver frustration, hostility and abuse.
- Reducing stress levels on traffic controllers by reducing the threat and intimidation from aggressive motorists.
- Providing wireless remote control operation allowing traffic controllers to perform more regular site audits, checking cones and signage therefore ensuring clear instructions for motorists.
- Significantly reducing the risk of motorists ignoring traffic controllers or temporary traffic light signals
- More effectively implementing worksite lockdowns. For safety reasons or to facilitate changes to site operations, worksites may need to be locked down. The use of PORTABOOM® means that the site supervisor only needs to communicate with one traffic controller to implement the lockdown.
Under the Hierarchy of Control in the Australian Safety Standards Framework, ranks the highest compared with stop/slow traffic control methods and portable traffic lights.