PORTABOOM® is a patented design and is the world's first portable barrier gate solution.
Traffic and Access Solutions developed PORTABOOM® with a coordinated team of highly experienced experts in safety, traffic control, operations, engineering and electronics. Through the development and testing process initial prototypes were refined and PORTABOOM® now boasts the following features:
- Easy to operate - PORTABOOM® is operated by a single button, remote control eliminating any confusion and minimising traffic controller error.
- Stable, yet portable - A single device weighs 90kg with four solid wheels (rear wheels have brakes for added safety). The devices weight ensures that it is heavy enough for stability and to withstand adverse weather, yet light enough to easily manoeuvrer on wheels.
- Easy to set up, no tools required - Traffic controllers assemble PORTABOOM® onsite without the need for any tools. The boom gate and stability legs are attached and detached with ease.
- Fast Assembly - It takes only 5 minutes to set up a PORTABOOM® device. Traffic controllers wont be wasting valuable time at the start of shifts setting it up.
- Longevity of battery life - The rechargeable batteries provide up to 6,500 movements, up and down.
- Wind rating - Tests show that PORTABOOM® can withstand wind speeds of up to 82.8 km/h
Click here to download the PORTABOOM® brochure.